5 REASONS TO GO TO A SPA
Spas are not just for pampering anymore. The reasons to spend a few hours or a day at a quality Spa are medically recommended. Today stress looms around wherever we go. Getting away for a break to de-stress is important to our minds, body and spirit. It should not be seen as an extravagance but as an affordable answer to regroup and re-energize without medication.
Most spas have saunas, steam showers or hydrotheraphy jacuzzis. Entering the environment can stimulate you mentally and physically. Deep breaths surrounded by a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere will ensure a sigh of relief and begin to melt the stiffness though the shoulders and quiet the mind.
Here are 5 reasons to seek a SPA DAY:
- A therapeutic message will relax and soothe you. Aches and pains can be greatly reduced. Your therapist can work through your tense muscles to help them relax. Foot scrubs can invigorate you. Facials, manicures and pedicures have a psychological benefit. A ‘feel good’ effect.
- Spa treatments improve blood circulation and can help to regulate blood pressure.
- A calm mind and body will improve sleep.
- Therapeutic message can lessen pain associated with arthritis and nerve disorders.
- Spa treatments can enhance mental clarity by calming the constant thoughts running through our minds.
The spas have a menu of body wraps, messages and facials. Your therapist will discuss with you the discomfort you are feeling and will adjust your treatments to provide the most benefits. She may also discuss exercises, yoga or other stretches and movement to prolong the healing effect. After your treatment, drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself.
Whatever you choose for your ‘escape’ whether it be a message treatment, spa retreat for a week or a yoga retreat, remember to invest in your body and mind. Those around you will be happier because they sense your calmness and sense of well-being. Your self-image will definitely improve and that ‘tired’ feeling will dissipate. You will feel re-energized. Remember this feeling and you will probably schedule another appointment in the near future. Another reminder, spa messages, facials, manicures and pedicures are for men also!
For additional information, I have a PINTEREST category on SPA MESSAGE HOME AND AWAY information. It can be found at my Pinterest site: email@example.com